Software Engineer (R&D)
Disperse is a VC-backed artificial intelligence construction startup focused on improving on-site productivity with the help of computer vision. Our goal is to ultimately re-imagine the way building projects are planned, delivered and operated.
We're currently working on some of the largest building projects in London (e.g. Renzo Piano’s Shard Place, Wood Wharf) and have grown from 5 to 35 people over the past year. We have ambitions to expand significantly, which means that we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic talent to join the team.
We move at a high speed, and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity and leadership. Our proudly diverse, international team is based in London, Sarajevo and Yerevan, and has a wealth of experience from construction management to computer vision and robotics.
Our engineering team is looking for creative engineers to join our team in Yerevan. We are looking for a developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your team members into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
If you have a real passion for building high performance systems that are highly automated, scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in. We are looking for engineers with high levels of ownership. If you don't shy away from hard problems, and enjoy delivering value while furthering your technical vision, this position is for you
This is an opportunity to join a highly talented team with proven traction early on in its journey, with competitive salary and equity compensation.
- You will collaborate with the product, computer vision, and the rest of the engineering team in developing our cutting-edge AI solution
- You would be involved in all phases of the service development lifecycle, based on an agile development methodology
- You would lead a broad aspect of design, deployment, and SaaS operations
- You would work in an environment where we foster and encourage innovation
- You will take part in contributing to the end-to-end system architecture
Ask anyone at Disperse what they love most about working here, and they'll probably tell you "it's the people!", "the team, of course", "the people and the Hedwig owls in the offices".
As clichéd as it may sound, we're very proud of the people we have and the close-knit, family culture we've built across London, Sarajevo and Yerevan. Despite the distances, we're united through the passion with which we approach our goals and the fun that we have along the way. We always look out for each other, no matter what. The following should give you a good idea what type of culture you'd be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking full ownership of problems and initiatives. We don't believe in micromanagement. Instead, we let you pave your own path and give you the space to continuously learn and grow even if it means taking a few detours.
- We support each other. If a process breaks or if you're struggling, you can always count on the people around you and the people far away from you, to help you get back on track.
- We run on feedback: direct and transparent praise and constructive criticism, communicated with the best of intentions. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas and approaches are always judged on merit rather than source. We welcome discussions and challenges. This way everyone makes a tremendous impact no matter the role.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience in high-performance and distributed applications, cloud software services
- Experience of working in an autonomous team
- Strong skills in Node.js, Python, any modern C-based language, object-oriented development
- Strong skills in any modern C-based language, object-oriented development and design patterns
- Evidence of working with algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Competitive Salary plus generous option package
- Open and transparent culture
- Opportunity to join a talented startup with proven traction on it's scaling journey
- Regular mentoring and feedback, free coffee